Our approach to privacy
The only time when we process personal data as data controllers are:
- Where we gather relevant information for the purposes of compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Where we gather information relating to individual users of the Site and Platform, to confirm that they are authorised by specific Users or where Users provide point of contact information to us
Our legal basis for processing your data for the above purposes are based on a) compliance with relevant legal obligations on us; or b) on the basis that the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
Who we are
The information is as important to us as it is to you, and we take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard it and use it fairly and responsibly.
Where Findango gets your personal information
We collect your personal information from a range of sources:
- When you visit our Site
- When you agree to receive our Service or act as a point of contact for a User receiving our Service
- When you input data to our Platform
What information Findango collects
Personal data may include:
- Biographical information that you have supplied to us or to our Users.
- Location information, meaning data which reveals the geographic location of you and your device. We will only collect your location information where you have explicitly agreed to our doing so.
- Platform Metadata, which means information about the way in which our Platform is used and how it functions on your system. Metadata does not include any personal information about you. We collect metadata via Google Analytics in order to improve the usability and performance of our app.
- Password and other authorisation or validation data used by you to access the Platform or Site or upload material to the Platform.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Our Users who have asked us to collect it on their behalf.
- Our partners, who provide us with IT and support services to help us manage and store information, and who may require such information for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
- Our group companies, who may provide related or ancillary services.
We may also share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request.
- If we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavour to provide you with notice prior to the transfer of your personal information to the new entity.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, for example by providing data encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or app. Any transmission is at your own risk. However, we take the privacy of your personal information very seriously and use a number of methods to try to keep your personal information secure from loss or unauthorized use or access when it is in our possession or control. These methods include reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to restrict access to your personal information. For example, your personal information is encrypted when stored or transmitted by us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website and/or apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Where required by applicable law, we will notify you of any loss of or unauthorized access to your personal information, and we will cooperate with the appropriate authorities to investigate such incidents.
International transfers of information
We are a UK company with a UK trade. Some of our service providers will be based in South Africa. We use “cloud-based” storage solutions. We will never process your data outside the UK or the European Economic Area except in strict compliance with the Data Protection Legislation, for example by ensuring that we have a contract with our service providers located outside the UK or EEA which incorporates standard contractual clauses dealing with data protection.
Retention of your information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary for us to provide the Service or for the purposes for which the personal information was gathered.
Privacy legislation gives you the right to access all information we have about you. Findango being the processor of data will help our Users to service any data access request from you. If you want to review any data we might have on you, please contact the User that gave you access to our services and they will facilitate the data access request to us.
You also have the right of erasure, meaning you can request data we hold on you to be deleted in certain circumstances. To do this please reach out to the User that gave you access to our services and they can make an official request to remove any data you have requested we remove.
Compliance and Updates
We work with regulatory authorities to ensure that we are up to the standards set out. Your feedback is important to us and if you feel that we can improve please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The transfer of your personal information to countries around the world, including outside the UK or the European Economic area, where such transfer is permitted by and in strict accordance with applicable data protection legislation.